The rape allegation leveled against Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter earlier this year has hit the desk of the L.A. County DA plus they’re considering whether to file charges. Law enforcement sources inform us the case was submitted to the D.A.’s office only last week … almost 7 months later the girl filed a report with cops. .
Carter, 38, is accused of raping singer Melissa Schuman, 33, inside a Santa Monica flat back in 2002 — allegations he’s denied.
Schuman, best known for her character in the all-girl teenager band Dream, stepped forwards with the claim in a lengthy blog post November. She said Cater invited a friend around to the Santa Monica residence to get a “casual hangout” while they were shooting the 2004 made-for-TV movie “The Hollow.”
Schuman, who had been 18 along with also a virgin at the time, said Carter fed her shots then took her into a toilet for the sudden assault. She said he unbuttoned her trousers and performed oral sex on her despite her objections.
“I told him to stop, but he didn’t. So I turned off the bathroom light so I wouldn’t see anything. He kept turning the light back on because he told me he wanted to look at me,” she composed. “I remember thinking at that point that maybe after this he will just stop, but he didn’t,” she composed.
Schuman said Carter then took her into another area and forced her to perform oral sex on him. She tried to deny, but he climbed “angry” and “impatient,” she said. ”I felt trapped and scared,” she wrote. “I couldn’t leave. It was evident to me, that I couldn’t leave. He was stronger and much bigger than me, and there was no way I would be able to open that door or have anyone help me,” she composed.
She acquiesced from dread, she said, also sensed “sickened” when she caught a glimpse of herself performing the sex act “against my will.”She said Carter finally moved her into the bedroom and raped her.
I went limp, turned my head on my left and decided I would only go to sleep today. I desired to believe it had been a kind of nightmare I was dreaming upward,” she wrote.
“I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman’s accusations,” Carter said in an announcement to People magazine this past year. He claimed the experience was consensual.
“This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later. It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm,” he said.
In her blog article, Schuman said the episode left her “broken” and “traumatized.” She told a couple of friends along with a therapist concerning the alleged attack but mostly kept quiet because of Carter’s power in the music industry, she said.
“I never wanted anybody to know about my story. I wanted to lock it in a box in my mind and let the memories slowly suffocate as time went on,” she composed.
Schuman talked up following a wave of allegations against movie producer Harvey Weinstein invigorated the #MeToo movement along with also a deeper understanding of the dynamics of sexual assault.
“I feel I have an obligation now to come forward with the hope and intention to inspire and encourage other victims to tell their story. We are stronger in numbers. If you are reading this and you have been assaulted, know you don’t have to be silent and you are not alone. I know it’s scary. I’m scared,” she composed.
Schuman afterwards reported the incident to Santa Monica Police. Attempts to achieve a rep for Carter were not immediately successful Thursday.