Here are a few guides for individuals interested in free-range chicken farm. The information below came out Pamora Farm.
Site Selection. Select a fantastic site for the free-range chicken farm. It has to be horizontal place or not so steep or rough terrain and have to be shaded with trees. It ought to be grassy for forage functions and has easy access for water and electricity. The free range chicken farm also needs to be farm out of street with heavy traffic circulation.
Range Area. The range region for free range chicken requires at least a minimum of 1 square meter each chicken. It should possess a fence with internet or other fencing materials. The area needs to have a water supply for distribution and the range region shouldn’t be treated with any chemical fertilizer.
Chicken House. The requirement is no less than a minimum of 1 square foot each chicken with in-out opening for chicken accessibility. The home should rather elevated and well-ventilated.
Herbal Medicine Garden. Herbal medicines are utilized to stop diseases and functions as natural flavoring.
- Chilli or pepper — utilize since antibacterial/antiviral
- Oregano — Use for respiratory difficulties
- Garlic — as organic antibiotic
- Ginger — as organic antibiotic
- Guava leaves — use as antibacterial
- Ipil-ipil — utilized as de-wormer/anti-parasitic
- Lemon bud — as juice for detoxification
Equipment and Materials. The following are the required equipment for free-range chicken farming:
- Brooding Facility. During the first 21 times of the birds’ lifethey want brooding or artificial heating for the growth of their body to be prepared to get free-ranging life. There are all different kinds of brooding facilities which may be utilised to provide artificial heating for the young chicks.
- Gas brooder — 1 to each 500 chicks
- Improvised charcoal brooder — 1 may for each 100 chicks;
- Incandescent bulbs brooder — 1 pair of 100 watts for each 50 chicks
- Feeding materials. The chicken has to be fed daily with a schedule or time program. The feeding materials necessary for free-range chicken are the following:
- For day old to 21 day old (brooding stage) — Chicken feed troughs (1 meter) — 1 to each 25 chicks
- Chick feeder plate (32 cm diameter) — 1 to each 25 chicks
- Free ranging period to crop (22 days ahead )
- Bucket feeder (8kg capacity) — 1 to each 20 chickens
- Plastic drum container — 50 kilos capacity for feeds storage
- Water/Drinking Materials. To stop dehydration, water ought to be accessible to free-range chicken. These are the materials required:
- For day old to 21 days old (brooding stage): 1/2 gallon container (2 liters) — 1 unit for 10 birds)
- For ranging stage to crop (22 days onwards): 1 gallon container (4 liters) — 1 unit for each 10 chickens)
- Basin with plastic shield — 1 place for each 15-20 chickens
- Water drum (200 liters capacity) or water line for distribution
- Cleaning & Disinfection Materials. Cleaning and disinfection of each region is important to shield the chicken’s health.
- Foot bath. At least two inches deep to correctly boil footwear for disinfection
- Cleaning materials — broom, dust pan, web broom, light and brush
- Detergent and disinfecting agents (powder detergent and chlorine)
- Bedding/litter. Bedding or litters are utilized inside the chicken house especially at brooding point to control and equilibrium the chicken manure formation. Be certain to have clean and fresh bedding/litter in any way times. Bedding/litter should also be disinfected prior to loading of your free-range chicken. You may utilize the following as bedding/litters:
- Rice hull (preferably carbonized)
- Rice straw
- Supplies. It is quite important that we know quite well our suppliers for our plantation requirements. The following are supplies necessary for your free-range chicken farming:
- The feed formulation for free-range chicken requires at least 70% cereals, 26percent protein nutrient in plant foundation, and 4 percent vitamins and minerals. Although we may use commercial packs, until we can mix our own feeds, so make certain to purchase safe and fresh seeds out of the supplier. Supplement it with greater grass and organic feeds out of the ranging place.
- Clean potable water distribution is extremely important. Be certain to have a supply of water or within your farm vicinity. Water is required in any way times.
- Vaccination is allowed and required for free range chicken. Vaccination could vary due to weather condition, location and current disease/virus’ in your region. Seek that your municipal/provincial veterinary assistance for vaccination program adaptable to a region and vaccine supplies.
- Preventive medicine. Aside out of the herbal medicine bud and depending on the point or degree of disease in your own flock, a preventive medication may be utilized. Assistance in the veterinary is vital for this issue. Don’t only buy medicine and utilize in your flock without consulting with your veterinarian. Prevention is far better than cure.
- The most important key element for free-range chicken is the manpower or your own poultry caretaker. A caretaker should at least attend a seminar to find out and understand the basic principles of free-range chicken farming. The achievement of the livestock farming is dependent upon the caretaker too. The caretaker ought to be dedicated and interested in what they do.